Direct Assistance Program
Direct Assistance Program (DAP)
The CAMPV Direct Assistance Program (DAP) exists to provide limited financial assistance to Veterans-in-need. While we do provide financial assistance when we can, our prime objective is to assist Veterans in formulating a successful life plan to avoid incurring overdue bills in the future.
The following items are required in order to apply for Direct Assistance:
- Copy of DD214 form, NGB22, DD256, VA Medical card, Military ID card or Dependent ID card
- Veterans who received a Dishonorable Discharge, Bad Conduct Discharge, or Entry-level Discharge are ineligible for direct assistance
- Copy of the billing statement of the financial entity in which you are requesting payment
- Copy of your current bank statement showing the past 30 days.
- CampV Direct Assistance Application
Subjective Review – At a minimum, the following elements will be determined:
- Specifics of financial assistance sought
- Details of other financial aid received in the last five years and other support organizations contacted
- Plight backstory
- Steps taken by Veteran to mitigate the plight
- Future outlook
Financial Aid Dispense – Any approved funds will be paid directly to the creditor(s) requiring disbursement via check(s) or credit card depending on the financial source, never to the Veteran.
Approved creditors include but are not limited to:
- Mortgage companies
- Utility companies
Limit – CAMPV can offer limited financial assistance limited to Veterans in a 12 month period.
Individuals or groups that wish to contribute can donate money dedicated to the CAMPV Direct Assistance Program. 100% of funds donated to this specific CAMPV program goes directly to Veterans-in-need and we can provide documentation as to how your valuable donation was disbursed if requested.